Monday, October 1, 2007

We are now Official

Our affidavit is filed with the state of CA. We are officially registered as a private school. This is the first year that we have had to do this. I realized there are a few other things that we have to do as well. I have to actually take attendance. I hadn't even thought to do this until now. I have to have a record of what classes are being offered at our school. I also have to have a document that explains the faculties qualifications. So in other words I have to make myself a resume explaining why I am capable of teaching my children. Lucky for me I did graduate from college and even at one time passed the CBEST so that I could substitute teach. I feel fully qualified to teach my children and I think anyone else would be able to see that too.

We had a really good school day today as well. We started doing First Language Lessons today and Sophie really enjoyed it. She is now pointing out nouns in everything she reads. We also had a great dance session with our Ragtime music this afternoon. My kids sure love to dance. We also did the next history lesson and put our pyramids into our model of the nile.



There is still a lot to do but it was a successful day!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

You are seriously a good teacher for your kids. The things you come up with!!! I love reading what you're teaching them. Nouns and the Nile? Wow!!
-Michelle