Sunday, October 28, 2007

Busy Saturday

Ian had another soccer game Saturday morning. I am staring to understand how hard it is to have kids in sports. Having a game every Saturday is wearing on us. I don't know how people do it when they have multiple children all doing different sports. They must stay all day at the field. But Ian is having a good time. There was no trouble today getting him to go out there and play. He actually was a bit too aggressive and pushed one boy down while trying to kick the ball away from him.
Sophie was very excited to finally get to carve our pumpkin. It has been sitting on our porch since we went to the pumpkin patch 2 weeks ago and Sophie has been begging to carve it. So finally today with Dad's help they carved the pumpkin.
We also went to two Halloween parties on Saturday night. The first was our ward "Trunk or Treat" where the kids played carnival games and then go trick or treating to different cars. My kids came home with more candy than I care to think about.
Here is Ian, who really really wanted to be a cowboy for Halloween (Henry is the cute little butterfly. He didn't want to wear the kangaroo costume that Ian wore last year) lucky for us the dress up box had most of what we needed and a cousin gave us some cowboy boots. When Ian came home he couldn't get one of the boots off. It was stuck on his foot. After I yanked it off I figured out that that Tootsie Roll somehow made its way into the boot and got smashed into his sock which stuck fast to the boot. Ian had a good laugh at this. He kept saying "There's a tootsie in my boot". It wasn't a great laugh for me since I had to figure out how to get that tootsie out of the boot.
Take a look at this great costume. This little guy wanted to be a John Deer Tractor so his very creative Mom made this great costume.
I just don't have the energy to time to be this creative. But WOW! He will remember that forever!
The evening party was for the parents so not nearly as fun and exciting for the kids but nice for the grown-ups.
Sunday has actually not been too bad despite the late night and too much sugar. But I am happy that they are in bed now and I can finally relax.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always say I'll do cool costumes like that, then when next Halloween rolls around, there's just no way and we see what our costume box holds.

Your kids look cute though! Good luck with the sugar highs. We've got them here already too.

Ice Cream said...

I love the tractor costume. I once spent a gross amount of time making my robot loving son a really cool robot box costume. When it was all said and done he said the box was uncomfortable and refused to wear it. NEVER AGAIN!

Looks like you guys had a blast.

familienladen01 said...

This is a GREAT post! I hope you not mind. I published an excerpt on the site and linked back to your own blog for people to read the full version. Thanks for your advice.