Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Top 10 Tuesday - Halloween Candy

Wow are we enjoying all the lovely candy we have collected at all the different parties. Some people say to let your kids have as much as they want and make themselves sick and then it is done. This is what I remember doing as a kid. My parents wouldn't collect the candy, they let us have it and choose how we wished to eat it. I remember trying to just eat a little and save it for a long time but it never worked. It was always gone within a few days.
At the moment I collect all the candy and we have a piece or two after lunch and then after dinner. I don't know if this is the best approach because my kids now have a constant sugar high. I am thinking I may just let them gorge on the candy one day and have it done and out of the house. Either that or just throw some of it away. The ones we don't really like.

Here is a list of the candies we always love to find in our Halloween bucket at the end of the night.
    1. M&Ms - In all their different varieties
    2. Twix - I always get twix bars to hand out. The parents like this one the best I think. At the Trunk or Treat on Saturday we had a number of adults visit our Trunk because they wanted a twix bar.
    3. Kit Kat - My kids feel like they won the jackpot because there are two bars inside.
    4. Peanut butter cups - I don't really care for the caramel ones. Just the original, plain old peanut butter cup is the best.
    5. Tootsie pops - My kids love these. They don't like the blow pops. I personally don't care for them but they are Sophie's favorite.
    6. 100 Grand - I love this candy bar and the Halloween size is just the perfect size. It is kinda rare too which makes it all the more exciting when you get one.
    7. Hershey bars - My kids love the plain old chocolate bars the best. They don't care for all the peanuts and caramel.
    8. Dots - My kids always go for the candy in the boxes first. And dots for some reason are the first to go.
    9. Tootsie rolls - My kids love tootsie rolls especially the flavored ones.
    10. Smarties - easy and clean. My kids love these.

These are the 10 that I could think of off the top of my head. I am sure if I went through the candy stash I may change my answers. I personally have a hard time passing up chocolate so I will be happy when we are just down to the non chocolate candies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos! My husband just got finished showing my 6 year old the candy tradition (we both did it as kids) of spreading the loot out on the floor and sorting it.

And a random comment: I LOVE your carpet!

Ice Cream said...

I love the Mr. Goodbars. I only ever see them at Halloween. The funny thing is that they only taste good when they are the very mini ones. This year they seemed a bit bigger and they just didn't taste as good.