Monday, October 29, 2007

As You Like it

We watched Kenneth Branagh's latest Shakespere adaptation last night. I am still trying to figure out what I really think of As You Like It. I did enjoy it. As with all Kenneth Branagh productions it was very well filmed and very beautiful. I loved seeing so many british actors in it that I recognized from other places. (I do watch a lot of BBC t.v and Movies) It was interesting to have the story take place it in old Japan. The ninjas, rock gardens and Sumo wrestling were a bit strange when you think the story is Shakepeare, but I guess it shows that the stories are timeless and could take place anywhere.
I haven't ever read this Shakespeare play but I think I will have to. I guess that is as good a recommendation and you can get. If the movie makes you want to read the book it must have been good.

1 comment:

Sonja said...

I love bbc shows too! I can't quite explain why I think people with a british accent make better actors, but I do. I have not seen this movie, put I have always liked the play and I LOVE Kenneth's Much Ado movie. So, thanks for the recommendation! :D And....
Happy Halloween!