Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Oh What a Beautiful Weekend

We headed up to Grandma's house for the three day weekend. It was lovely! The weather was perfect so we spent quite a bit of time out of doors. We took lots of walks.
The kids loved the trail along the ditch. Throwing sticks in and watching them flow down the ditch was just so much fun. They even found a little bridge that crossed it and had to play Pooh Sticks.The kids visited the neighbor's horses
And Grandpa's cows.
Since we were last at Grandma's house, Grandpa got a big tire for the kids to play on. Evidently these huge tractor tires are garbage. The owner was happy to give it to my day who put it out in the pasture for the grandkids to play on.

They had a great time climbing in and around and through it. Grandma even came out and went through the tire too.
Out in the pasture is a swampy place. There were still a few cat tails there that were perfect for playing with and throwing the fuzz around.
This was one of my favorite things to do when I was a kid too.

It was a great weekend. We are having a hard time getting back into our normal groove after such a weekend.

5 comments:

Montserrat said...

Grandparents are the best! I'm going to have to show the tire idea to my husband. We have several big tires like that around here somewhere.

Ice Cream said...

Wow! Grandma's house looks like a dream.

Ice Cream said...

P.S. I meant to tell you that I love the look of your new blog!

Becca said...

What a fun fun weekend!! We've been holed up with rotating sickness for ever--so I'm jealous of the sunshine and the gorgeous walks. What a fabulous place to visit!

Sonja said...

Oh the sun! Your pictures look so inviting. Glad you had a good weekend.
(I also like the new look) :D