Saturday, February 16, 2008

Good things this week.

I can't say this was the best week for us. Sickness is never fun and it is taking days and days to get over. Just when I think we are all better something turns up to make me believe otherwise. But let me try to be positive and point our a few good things that have happened.

1. I finished a book and am starting another - I haven't been reading for myself a whole lot the last few weeks but I started a book this week, The Harvester by Gene Stratton-Porter. A little romantic, easy read but very good. I loved the descriptions of the forests and all the animals. It fit in nicely with all the talk of love this week as well.

2. I read a lot of books to the boys - Since I had some boys that weren't feeling well and needed to be held. We read a lot. I realized I read a lot of books that are designed to go with our different school focuses but often the boys don't get some of just the fun books they want to read. So I read Curious George a lot and did a lot of I spy and Do you see what I see?. We also love Leo Lionni books. We picked up a few new ones this week at the library.


3. Sophie and my husband never got sick

4. I have a washing machine. - During this sickness I have come to really appreciate having my own washer and dryer. We moved into this house just about 1 year ago. Before then we had to save quarters and use the washer that in our Apartment complex. I hate having to save quarters. When you do at least 5 loads of laundry a day for days and days it is really nice to have one that is your very own and you don't have to feed with coins!

5. Juice boxes - We don't usually drink juice at all. We drink a lot of water but my kids weren't drinking enough so I splurged and got some juice boxes. They have been drinking those down and staying hydrated! And they can get them and stick the straw in all by themselves. I don't have to get up to reach the cups or pour the juice.

6. Colored pencils and paper - Sophie has spent the last week drawing endless pictures, illustrating her favorite stories, Writing little plays and even making stick puppets.


7. We did do a little school - Since Sophie never got sick I tried to keep up with doing school. She still did some math. She enjoyed learning about Verbs finally. We read about Alexander the Great and the Lighthouse in Alexandria. We even got through a few fairy tales from the Blue Fairy book. Soph even read a number of the books about seeds that I got at the library to herself.
We even got through a few chapters of the Actual Book of Mormon instead of the Book of Mormon Reader which we usually use. Sophie has decided she wants to read the real book. So school this week was alright. No projects or fun stuff but a lot of reading. That works for me!

That is about all I can't think of at the moment. And I need to get going. I have laundry to fold and diapers to change.

Hope you all have a great Presidents day Weekend!

3 comments:

Montserrat said...

Ah, yes when sickness is abound a washing machine is a great blessing. I can't even imagine what the pioneers had to go through when they were sick and then had to wash their clothes by hand. Eeeew!

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Sorry about the sickness, I hope everyone has recovered or is at least on the mend.

Lovely book recommendations-many of those are favorites at our house too. My kids absolutely Love the I Spy series.

Blessings,
Jen

Anonymous said...

I hope everyone gets feeling better. I know a lot of people who have been sick this week! Way to go seeing the positive though :)

I love reading about all the books you read. People think I read a lot to the boys but you are way beyond me. I'm still learning to like reading aloud. I've never really liked to do that, and now that A reads, he can read to himself and I forget to read as much to the other two. I need to do better.