Wednesday, December 5, 2007

We've been lucky with movies recently

My husband and I have watched a few really great movies recently. I have written about our Bollywood film fascination. We watched a great Indian film this weekend it is called Swades. Like all bollywood films it was long and there was a few musical numbers but what we loved about this film was how much more we learned about Indian culture. It takes place in a small poor village. So you get to see how a lot of the people in India live. Many of the bollywood films take place in the city or about wealthy families so you don't get a real image of what life in India is like. This film showed the problems that Indian people face as they face the changes of the modern world. Very good film!

We have also recently watched The Ultimate Gift This movie is produced by Fox Faith (The same people that put out the Love Comes Softly films) and is a wonderful film about finding what it really important in life. And how to find true happiness. The message came across very clearly and makes me think about all the things that I am very grateful for but also for all the good I could still do with that has been given to me.

So for anyone that needs a movie to curl up in front of on a cold night this winter. Here are a few great ones.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Ultimate Gift looks very interesting. I am marking it for the future. Thanks, we haven't seen a good one in a while. We watched Miss Potter a few weeks ago. It was good but left me wishing it were a bit longer.

Anonymous said...

Coming back, to say I like the new redesign of your blog. It looks great. Where did you find the family graphic? I'm going to keep a list of the books I've read listed next year. This year's list would be so paltry and embarrassing. ;)

Michelle said...

I had never heard of the Ultimate Gift and in the past 4 days you're the 3rd one I've heard mention it. I think Aaron and I will rent it this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Those both sound good, we just studied India so I'd be interested in that one especially.

Ice Cream said...

I really liked the ultimate gift (aside from the main characters acting, which wasn't too bad, just not too good). I will have to find that film on Idia because I'm a Bollywood fan.

Sonja said...

Thanks for the reviews! I haven't seen either of these films, but I do love to curl up on the couch after a long week and watch a good movie with my dh. I'm going to check these out.