Friday, December 28, 2007

A few product reviews

Here it is Friday already. We have done little except play with all our new things since Christmas day. The kids just haven't gotten tired of anything yet. They play with these things over and over again sometimes for hours and hours. Here are a few of the toys that we have being enjoying the last few days. We are just enjoying our vacation time and doing nothing but play, play and play.

Sophie of course got her Tabby Cat Vmigo. She loved the dog Vmigo that she got for her birthday but she LOVES the cat. I have to agree with her. The cat is a bit more fun. I don't know why exactly maybe it is just the novelty of it but the graphics are better on this one for one thing. Maybe it is newer. I found the dog on ebay. It was new in the package but it might have been an older version. Anyway.. the cat gets played a lot!

I got Sophie a latch hook kit for Christmas and we attempted it yesterday. I used to do these when I was little and she is always asking me for projects so I thought this was one we could give a try.
It may be a little beyond her but she can do it. She just gets bored with it after only about 3 stitches. It is going to take a long time before this one gets done. But she really wants to make a pillow out of the puppy and kitten picture so maybe she will work on it a bit now and again.
This marble run was added to our box of blocks and the kids have enjoyed building all sorts of runs using the blocks that came with the set and all our old blocks as well. Thanks Grandma!
We haven't actually finished a game of River Roads and Rails yet but we give it a try each day and the kids love it. Henry just really wants to play a little too much and ruins the layout after awhile and we don't have the drive to start over again. But the kids keep getting it out when there is a lull in the action. They even taught Dad how to play it last night. He LOVED it and wanted to keep playing until the end of all the cards but as usual Henry got the better of us and "Monstered" the layout. So one day we will actually finish the game.

Because Henry loves to throw things he received this little hoop and ball to hang on his bedroom door. We have a bunch of hand made cloth balls as well. The boys love to just go in there and shoot baskets. They have figured out that the little tramp in their room is fun to bounce on to get a little higher for a better shot.
I don't know about this horse. Sophie seems to think it is always sick. She has had ear infections, a burst ear drum, a number of leg breaks and even a few belly aches from bad hay. This poor horse is always having to go to the vet for all sorts of check ups and medical interventions. She is languishing on a pillow bed with a blanket over her right now. She needs a good rest to get over her latest illness. Again... Grandma I think this one is a hit!
This wasn't actually a Christmas present. We returned an item and ended up getting this Playmobil castle set. Ian loves it and even got up early this morning so he could play with it again. He loves to play knights and has gotten out out old set of knights and has them storm the castle over and over again. Henry loves the catapult and has the little flames flying. This is the first Playmobil set we have ever had and we really like it. They are already planning the sets that they want next. Maybe this one was a mistake after all. It is going to receive hours and hours of play over the next little bit.

It hasn't been all play and nothing else. We have also been reading the new books we got for Christmas too.And we also made our weekly trip to the library and checked out a number of books as usual. Even when we don't "do school" we still end up taking home a bag full of books.

We are enjoying our vacation time but I am actually looking forward to getting back to our normal schedule. Days seem to go on forever for me when we don't have school to do. I also seem to get a lot less done. The kids want me to play with them more so I get even less time to read my book or do what I need to do. So maybe we will get back to the books next week with a light bit of school work to ease us back into it.

3 comments:

Ice Cream said...

I like the playmobil knights set!

Anonymous said...

We LOVE! Rivers, Roads, and Rails here. A will play it by himself for hours. I love your marble run, we got something similar but not in so many bright colors. That looks really fun!
My boys have already informed me what train set pieces they want next year for Christmas. I can hardly believe it. I think we need to have a chat about enjoying what we already have. Though they do, they're loving playing nonstop too.

my5wolfcubs said...

Thanks for the reviews! We have RRR also -- and while enjoyed, I can't say we've ever finished a game either. :)
We got some Playmobil too! Even I love to play Playmobil!
Lee