Thursday, November 15, 2007

Sick

We have been a little under the weather here for a few days. Nothing major, just sore throats, runny noses and coughs, coughs, coughs. I have said "cover your mouth", "oh, gross... let me help you" and "blow out your nose not your mouth" so many times throughout the last few days. With the new ban on children's cough syrups I don't have anything to give these kids to knock them out at night. We have had a number of nights of kids waking up coughing, we get a drink and drop them back in bed. But for the last few days I have been trying this new technique that I was told works for coughs and so far it has worked.
This great smelling stuff is the answer. When putting their pajamas on I slather on a little of this Vicks Vapor rub on their feet and then put socks on to keep the stuff from getting all over the sheets. So far this trick is working for night time. No more wake ups because of coughing. I don't know why it works but it does!
I still don't know what to do during the day time. I just keep wiping noses and dishing out the occasional Tylenol for head aches. I don't know if it is anything more then a placebo but it keeps them happy. We are still doing school and going to the park. I think we will even go to the library today as usual. Their walrus tusks are more or less clear so we shouldn't spread too many germs.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Sarah~

Glad to know I'm not the only crazy mom rubbing Vicks all over my children's feet!!

Hope you guys are feeling better soon!

Ice Cream said...

i've never heard of Vics on feet. I will have to remember that.

Mr. Alex said...

Sarah-
I hear you! My girls have been sick for the last 2 weeks. I'll be trying the Vicks; thanks for the tip!