Friday, November 9, 2007

Austenland

I spent the day reading. OK... we did actually do a little school but for the most part I ignored my kids and just read my book today. I have been on the waiting list for Austenland for about 2 months at our library. I finally got to pick it up yesterday. I started reading it this morning and finished it as I was cooking dinner. I really enjoyed this Jane Austen Fan Fiction. Most of these modern day Jane Austen stories leave me not satisfied. But this one actually had me smiling at the end. I liked the characters and enjoyed the Austen references. I didn't even mind the twist on the Regency house party. It was obviously a quick read but some lovely mind candy! A fun read for any Jane Austen fan.

1 comment:

Ice Cream said...

Ooo, thanks for the book idea. I love Austen. I just read a rather poignant book called Women of Silk. I hope to write a review on it soon.