Monday, November 26, 2007

The new look

I decided to pick a new template for my blog. I was getting tired of the old look. I even opened up a wordpress account to try that out, thinking I may switch. From the hour or so I spent trying to set up my blog there I can tell it will take me a while to figure it out so I am staying here and trying out a new look. I just get frustrated with the limited choices blogger allows. I can play with colors and a very few fonts but nothing really thrilled me. I will continue to play with things and experiment a little. I don't totally love what I have done here yet. Is there anything that you can suggest or things that really bugs you?

Do you like the picture I put in the header? It is a Van Gogh painting. I love Van Gogh. Not his crazy, strange paintings but ones like this one are very pleasant. This is a farmer in Holland tending his fields of tulips. I had to crop the picture for the header but here is the complete picture.
Isn't it lovely!

5 comments:

Karen said...

I love your new layout. I never could figure out how to change anything on blogger. Not that I have figured it out on wordpress yet either.

I think I am going to take some classes after I graduate to be more computer saavy.

Bibliophile said...

I love the new look, but then, I liked the old one, too. The name "Sea Star Academy" doesn't quite go with the current painting, but if you plan on changing your background/logo often, then that isn't something to be concerned about. You do a really good job of blogging. I enjoy reading it all the time.

Anonymous said...

I like it. I had to play around a lot too with blogger, homeschoolblogger, and wordpress before I decided to stick with Wordpress. There's still so much to figure out though. I try not to think about it. Sometime I want to spend time learning more computer code.

otherwise known as Sam said...

What a great painting and layout! I'm still learning too...but I'm having a hard enough time just getting the posts out, let alone trying to make my space look good. I really like what you've done here and, as I've said before, I like reading about your family and homeschool experiences.

Ice Cream said...

The funny thing is that I actually prefer the pic the way you have it cropped. =)