Monday, November 5, 2007

Row, Row, Row a Book

I picked The Pumpkin Runner to row this week. I don't know exactly why I picked it. I don't even have the volume 4 manuel. But I have rowed enough books to know what to look for and point out and kinda make it up myself. It isn't the first time I have done this. But I have extra help this week.
Sophie has decided that FIAR is for the boys and that she is too old for it. So I asked her if she would help me teach the lessons to the boys (I have to play a lot of tricks with this girl to keep her interested and learning). I asked her what she thought we should do. She said she would teach Ian all about Australian animals: koala, kangaroos, wombats and cockatoos. I asked her if she could think of any books we have about those animals. She remembered Ian loved Katy No Pocket. She decided we needed to listen to some Wiggles music and maybe watch Finding Nemo.
We also plan to cook one of our pumpkins and make pumpkin cookies or something. Sophie is going to find our Pumpkin Pumpkin book tomorrow and read it to Ian.
Today I took the kids to a park that I knew had Eucalyptus trees so we went to look at them. Not that we haven't seen them many times before. These trees are all over the place here and my kids love the little seed cups from these trees. It was just a good excuse to take our scooters to the park and go on a long walk.

We also couldn't pass the up the chance to throw rocks in the creek and look at the ducks and geese there too.

Hopefully Sophie and I can come up with an art and Language arts lesson to go along with all the plans we already have for the week. YUP! It isn't all planned out... we are winging it this week!

2 comments:

Ice Cream said...

I love the idea of having Sophie help. I haven't ever done FIAR but the more I read about others doing the more I think that maybe I should try it.

Anonymous said...

My oldest loves to be the teacher around here. Sometimes it works out great, other times, not so much! Great pictures though. We can never pass up opportunities to throw rocks in the water either :)