Monday, May 5, 2008

Now I need to read the other stories


Last night while my husband and I were sitting in front of the television watching Cranford on Masterpiece. He said something that made me giggle. He said " you have totally converted me to these movies. I am really enjoying this". He then went on to explain that the other guys at work think he is so strange because he watches costume dramas. Those other guys don't know what they are missing. I love watching these films with my husband. He doesn't read the novels like I do and he is always asking how true to the books these films are but the fact that he doesn't just endure these with me but truely enjoys them is so wonderful.

Last night's episode of Cranford was great. Even though I didn't recognize some of the characters and story lines, because they happen in other novellas that were writen by Gaskell, the story was so well woven together and so well acted it really lived up to my expectations. I can't wait to see next weeks episode. I really want to get the two novellas that are woven into the Cranford Cronicles.

Here are a few other reviews of Cranford that I have read today. I am not the only one who enjoyed last nights viewing.

Jane Austen Today
Jane Austens World
By Sun and Candlelight

1 comment:

Tammy said...

The girls and I loved that version of Jane Eyre (linked in your post). Great movies, and so nice to have someone to watch them with. :)