Sunday, May 11, 2008

Sophie loves Ballet

Saturday we went to Sophie's first recital. I am very glad that the teacher keeps things pretty simple and low key. The girls all just had to wear a black leotard and tights. The teacher provided each of the girls with a tutu and flowers for their hair. They felt like ballerinas without having fancy expensive outfits.Sophie's class did both a tap dance as well as their ballet routine. Look at Sophie in this picture.

She looks so perfectly posed in first position. While watching her dance I could tell she was working really hard trying to get her feet to do the things she sees her teacher do. She was excellent at the acting part of the dances. She could ham it up quite well.
She is going to be taking a break from Ballet for the summer. She will be doing swim lessons for a few weeks but she really wants to continue with ballet in the fall. She loves it!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sophie, you look beautiful!!!

I took ballet for years before I had to make a choice and go with cello. I still miss dancing every so often though.

Malissa said...

I can tell she is having a wonderful time! There is something magical about little girls and ballet. Brooklynn is very excited to start in the fall!

Tammy said...

Oh, she is SO PRETTY. What a fun experience.

Sonja said...

Sophie is SUCH a beautiful ballernia! And she looks so much like her mom!

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

She's so cute!

My DD's recital is tomorrow night, and we are so excited!

Ice Cream said...

She has the body and posture for it. And she looks lovely.