Friday, May 30, 2008

Afternoon Tea

This afternoon I decided to have a cup of herb tea. I have had a bit of a scratchy throat today so I thought a little tea with honey would feel nice. After making my cup of Triple Berry Zinger tea, Sophie decided it smelled really good and asked for a cup of her own. So I got her one.
Then the boys came out and decided they needed a cup of tea also. So this afternoon we sat around the table sipping our tea.
We also sampled some muffins I had made this morning.
I have been making a lot of muffins lately. I splurged and bought myself a mini muffin pan a week ago. I love it. The mini muffin is such a perfect size for the kids. They usually end up only eatting the tops of the normal size ones but with these mini muffins they actually eat the whole thing. So far, in the week I have had my pan I have made banana muffins, pumpkin muffins, and today was a spice muffin. Very fun. And I don't feel guilty for having a few.

While sipping our tea and enjoying our muffins, we listened to Winnie the Pooh.
The last two days we have been listening to the unabridged original Winnie the Pooh audio book. We have the books and Sophie often sits and follows along. This morning we read a short biography about A. A. Milne that I picked up at the library this week along with the audio books. I love that my kids know the author's name of many of their favorite books. I try to get biographies as often as I can. Sophie has now decided she needs to go to New York so she can go and see the original animals on display in the NY public Library. She got all excited when I told her that I had actually been there and saw them while I was in New York.

This little guy visited us today also.
Usually we only have our little sparrow friends come and visit our bird feeder but lately I have been seeing this little House Finch visit also. I was shocked at first to see the red. The picture doesn't give his red color justice. He is really a very bright red color. I am so used to the browns of the sparrow it is a nice change to see this little guy come visit.

Ian told me that he enjoyed the afternoon tea time. I guess I should see it happens more often. Except that Sophie and Henry both dumped their drinks all over the table, the floor and even spoiled a book that was on the table. I will have be more careful next time.

4 comments:

Montserrat said...

I love to drink herbal tea when my throat is feeling scratchy too. Sounds like a nice relaxing afternoon.

Tammy said...

Any chance you'd share the recipe for the spice muffins? ;)

Ice Cream said...

We only pull out the herbal tea when someone is sick. I LOVE the idea of using it for tea parties. I'm going to have to put that on my schedule. =)

Sonja said...

Tea sipping and muffin sampling sound divine. Hopefully enough to chase away any colds.