Sunday, May 11, 2008

Whole Wise Woman


My bed is half made, the flowers half laid
In their beds, with pots askew.
The floor is half swept. The jam is half kept,
With berries still left to do.

The washer’s half loaded. The dryer’s half folded.
The closet is sorted part way.
The bills are half opened. The dishes half soaking,
And dinner is just underway.

My list half completed and feeling defeated
I think about what I have done
In my day’s disarray. Without any dismay
My accomplishments rise one by one.

The scriptures were opened. The prayers were all spoken.
I love you’s and hugs out the door.
Their voices were ringing. I smiled at them singing
Of wise men who built near the shore.

Maybe all of my half-nots will someday be wholes,
But today I’m content to ensure
That my children, whole-hearted, converted, concertedly
Walk in the way of the Lord.



Anna M. Molgard

©2008 Faithsong Publications L.L.C.
www.faithsongmusic.com

8 comments:

Angela said...

What a great piece of literature ! The artwork is beautiful and inspiring!

Sonja said...

Thank you so much for sharing this! It's wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, beautiful!

Montserrat said...

Lovely!

Happy Mother's Day!

Malissa said...

That was wonderful, thanks for posting!

Bibliophile said...

I loved this! Thanks for sharing it.

Tammy said...

I've been checking all my favorite blogs (you're down the list a ways only because I have them saved alphabetically lol) and have seen a lot of very nice Mother's Day tributes. This is my favorite. Thanks so much for sharing it with all of us.

Ice Cream said...

I wish my reasons for being half done were good like these. Mine are half done because I'm blogging or eating.

I loved this anyway and will use it to remind me that there are much better reasons for not getting the chores done than blogging.