Friday, April 18, 2008

Leaves of three, let them be.

I think on our hike on Tuesday I got a little too close to the nature around me. I remember sitting on a rock to take a picture of the kids and then looking down and seeing a lovely 3 leafed plant right there next to me. I really hoped it wasn't poison oak. It may not have been but somewhere along that hike I must have or my kids must have rubbed up against it. Yesterday I started scratching my arm and then during the night I woke up and had to scratch my neck. Then this morning I discovered that have a little patch behind my knee. This is what finally really clued me in. I actually have a few little blisters on the back of my leg. I have been looking online for the best solutions to my problem. Oatmeal or baking soda are said to help. At the moment I am just applying aloe lotion because it cools it down and it feels good, but I have to reapply it often. I don't have calamine. Maybe I will run to the drug store or something and see what they have.
So far my kids don't seem to have any which is good. I am going to have to become better acquainted with what poison oak looks like so I can avoid it in the future.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

OH SARAH!!! I AM SOOO SORRY!!! I feel partly responsible!! I hope you feel better soon.