Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Howdy


I just thought I would say hello. I haven't had a whole lot to talk about recently. In fact I haven't been doing or thinking much of anything the last few days. I have been fighting a really killer cold. I usually try to tough out most illnesses and avoid taking any kind of drug or medicine. But this time I have been popping pills every four hours as the directions say to on the box. I can tell when the medicine has worn off because suddenly my kids are 10 times louder, crazier and whinier. I am a much better mom when I have the cold medicine. This cold is accompanied by an intense headache and a cough which just seems to make the headache worse. My nose is sore from all the blowing. And I take a lot of showers to help chase away the chills. But what scares me the most is that today Sophie started coughing and she even mentioned that she too had a headache. I really don't want sick kids when I am still sick. We do tend to just pass along the sickness. Last week it was my husband that was sick and the rest of us were fine. At least my cold hasn't turned into Bronchitis or something worse.

Hopefully I will have more interesting things to talk about soon.

5 comments:

Bibliophile said...

I am sorry to hear that you're sick now. Julie might be sick now, too, because she is complaining of stomach pain. These sicknesses seem to come oftener and stay around longer. I hope Sophie doesn't have what you have!

Montserrat said...

Oh no! You just rest and don't try to do too much. (yeah, right. Like mothers can ever rest!) I hope you get to feeling better real soon! And Sophie too!

Montserrat said...

I forgot to tell you I love the new look of your blog!

Ice Cream said...

After the cold I went through in January I really feel for you. It is one thing to have the common cold, it is something else when you have a killer cold.

May it pass quickly and not be shared.

Tammy said...

It sucks to be sick. Take care, rest, and feel well soon......