Saturday, December 3, 2016

All Stars

Since my soccer team did so well during the season I was asked to coach one of the All-Star teams.  So for two more weeks I got to hold practices and then have a game.



Henry was not an All-star but I think my family had a good time watching  the game on the huge Football stadium field.

 Many of our friends were in the stands cheering on their kids.
 My team lost the All-Star game. The final score was 2-1. Hard fought game but in the end someone has to win and someone has to loose.
It was somewhat difficult to coach this team. I had only two players from the team I coached during the season and the rest were kids chosen from all the other teams in this level.   Four of my players from the season were on the other team.  With only three practices it is difficult to know these players and how they play together. Plus this is All-stars. Each of these kids were the best players on their teams so each is kinda a diva and thinks they need to control the ball. I really don't know if I loved coaching this group. It was alright and I can now claim the honor of being chosen to coach but I kinda hope I never have to do it again.


No comments: