Friday, August 1, 2008

Too Much Attention

This evening a neighbor came over to ask a favor. Their family was going to go away for the weekend and needed someone to watch their bunny. He acted like this was going to be an imposition. I told him it would be a pleasure. He brought Max the bunny over and put him and his cage in our yard. All we have to do is make sure his water is refilled.
Sophie was thrilled to see the bunny. She has wanted a real pet for so long. She is now getting a small taste of what it is like.
I won't let the kids take the bunny out of his cage. I don't want the bunny to go under the deck and hide where I can't get him out. So they have to be content to pet him in the cage.

Poor Max! He didn't know what he getting into. He certainly doesn't lack attention!

1 comment:

Bibliophile said...

I'm so glad that Sophie, Ian and Henry have a chance to experience having a pet. It isn't all fun, to be sure, but I think they will have a good time with the bunny.