Thursday, August 28, 2008

Just when you thought life couldn't get any busier....

Our lives feel like they are in fast forward recently. Every day seem to add yet another responsibility and commitment onto our already full plate.

Today I found out I get to be the team parent for Henry Soccer team and one of the assistant coaches of Ian's. That is what I get when I say "Sure I will help out where ever I am needed". So I will get to do a lot of running around with little guys twice a week for the next few weeks. And every Saturday there are two games.

I also got an email saying Band Practice starts next week. I really enjoyed playing in the band last Spring and it is fun to do band with a friend who is also a flute. So I hate to give this up.

I got sucked into ward choir. Not a huge time commitment but still another hour each Sunday. Since I play the flute I get to play descants and such. This is how I got drafted in. Once people know what you can do all of sudden you get asked to do it.

I also have 3 callings at church and one of those is in the Primary. I am supposed to be the secretary but one of the ladies in the presidency is having her baby this week so she has been and will be out of things for awhile. So I have some of her responsibilities as well as mine to do. I am also writing our Ward's Primary Presentation. I came up with the idea so I am sort of now in charge of it. YIKES! Maybe I shouldn't admit that it was my idea. If it flops then I don't want to claim it. No it will be great! How can you miss when you have 40 cute kids singing primary songs. Tears will flow from every parent and grandparent in the room.

So that is just what I am doing or responsible for.

My husband is seriously busy with the Protect Marriage Proposition. He has been put in charge of our zip code. He is supposed to organize the community and get help from all the other churches and organizations in our area to help get people out to spread the word via phone, literature, walking door to door. That last few Saturdays we have huge groups of people in our house receiving the information that they need to do the work. It is exciting to be involved like this but this means I have to have my house spic and span every weekend. I have muffins and goodies to share with the volunteers. And this will only get more complicated once soccer games get thrown into the mix each Saturday. At least the kids will get out of the house. But my husband's job isn't just on Saturday's. He collects the information from the phoning and walking people and has to enter it into a data system so they can analyze it. So he spends almost all his after work hours doing this. He is even dreaming about it. But he is actually enjoying it. He loves talking to people and he has meet some nice people in our community.

Somewhere in all of this Sophie is also going to do Ballet and go to a Science Club. At least Science Club is during the day and not something we try to squeeze into those few short after work hours.

Oh yeah... I still have to do school each day with my kids and hopefully one day potty train Henry. And we have Birthday's coming up in the next two weeks....

I need a vacation! Good thing we are headed up to Grandma's house for a little quiet time.

Leave it all behind for a little while.

2 comments:

Montserrat said...

When you are a woman of many talents everyone wants to have a piece of you. Good luck with Prop 8. We had to do a similar thing several years back here in Nevada. It was a big job but felt good to be actively involved in something we believed in.

Anonymous said...

And I thought I was busy! Actually when I'm that involved, I'm a lot more aware of how I spend my time and am able to get it all done. As opposed to this summer, when I basically lazy and didn't accomplish half of what I had planned. :)
I understand the 3 callings at church though--good luck with the Primary presentation. You're right, the kids will always pull it off in the end and tears will flow.