Friday, January 18, 2008

My hold finally made it.

Yesterday at the library I went to pick up my holds and found a CD there that I had placed a hold on way back in December. It is this Classical Kids CD about Tchaikovsky. It would have been great if it had made it last month when we were studying Tchaikovsky, but oh... well.

We listened to it last night while I made dinner. Sophie of course was at the table coloring greek gods and goddesses. But she was listening. She loved it and asked to hear it again today. This is the first of these Classical Kids CD's I have ever tried. She even wanted to take it out to the car so we could listen to it while we drove around. We really enjoyed the story that wove together the pieces of music.
I am going to have to give the others in this series a try. I hope the library has them all. I hope they will come in a timely manner too. Don't you love it when it takes over a month to have the holds make it to your library? I should just be happy. We have a great library system!

4 comments:

Montserrat said...

I love the Classical Kids CD's, even better my children love them. How great that your library carries them. I think I forget that other people's libraries are bigger and carry more than our small town one does.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recommendation. We had a Tchaikovsky CD over the holidays. I just ordered the Classical Kids CD from my library. :)

Ice Cream said...

We have Bethoven Lives Upstairs and I like it just as much as the kids do. I'm hoping to get others from the series.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your kind words about our CDs! I just noticed that the graphic for the CD wasn't showing and that's because we recently launched a new website -- if you'd like a replacement link for it, try http://www.childrensgroup.com/details.php?cid=classic_eng&pid=84240-2# (or I can send you a higher-res version) and for more on Classical Kids, try http://www.childrensgroup.com/product.php?mode=cat&cid=classic_eng Drop me a line if you'd like any other info :)