Monday, January 21, 2008

A Holiday

It is Martin Luther King Day and my husband didn't have to go to work. Sophie of course claimed that because it was a holiday we didn't have to do any school. As I went to the gym this morning, I passed the elementary school and it was closed. So I guess we too could have a day off of school.

It is also raining, which isn't the most exciting for a holiday, so my husband decided to take Sophie and Ian to see the new Veggie tales movie.
This was Sophie's 2nd movie ever and Ian's first. We knew Henry wouldn't be able to sit through it so I stayed with him while they all went to see the show. Not having seen it myself I can't tell you much about it. But the kids came home all excited about it and said that it was great. Even my Husband said it was very clever and like all veggie tales movies, taught a great moral, Faith, prayer and trusting in God. It looks like I will have to put it on the netflix queue so we can watch it again once it is out on DVD.

Sophie then decided she had to have even more of Dad's attention so she asked him to help her play Civilization. She claimed it was for School is she was the greeks this time. I thought we weren't doing school today?

I also decided to rearrange the furniture in the boy's room. I have been meaning to move the bunk beds because they have been right under the heat vent. Ian has had a very nice cozy bed but the heat doesn't distribute through the room well. He got it all. So now everything is shifted and the boys are thrilled with the new arrangement. Change is good!

So it has been quite a holiday. It feels like we got a few things done.
No school though. Just as Sophie wished.

Oh.. and Happy Birthday Auntie Kewan

No comments: