Saturday, November 1, 2008

Home Depot Kids Workshop

My friend Malissa clued me into a fun workshop for the kids that Home Depot does. The first Saturday of the month they have a kids workshop and you get to make a free project. Since it was pouring rain today and Soccer was cancelled for the day we still needed something to get us out of the house and burn some energy. All that sugar from last night still hasn't totally worn off, so we headed out to go pound some nails.

The boys were in heaven. They were surrounded by big piles of wood and were each given a hammer.



Today's project was a leaf press. The kids are very excited to go out and look for leafs or flowers so that they can use their new presses. A fun easy project! I would check to see if they have similar workshops at your home depot. I think they do them at Low's as well. But we don't have a Low's around here. Next month it will be an art easel. That will certainly come in handy with my budding artists. We may have to make these workshops a habit.

2 comments:

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

I've always wanted to take the kids to one of those workshops--looks like fun!

Carissa said...

What a great idea! I'll have to remember that.