Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter all Week

The past week seemed to fly. My kids have certainly had a great time. Sophie had been counting down the days until Easter. Sophie and I really enjoyed Cocoa's Easter all Week. The boys would sometiimes join us for some of the reading. Especially when we read through the New Testament Reader. They all loved trying to figure out which picture went on each day. I think they got a very good idea of what Easter is all about from doing this during the week. They were always excited to tell their Dad about what happen that day to Jesus.

Other than doing the Scripture reading I can't say we did a whole lot of school this past week. My Library books hadn't come in yet that go along with the next chapters of Story of the World so we didn't do History as usual. But after our trip to the library this week where we picked up a bunch of the books Sophie couldn't wait to jump into them.
So she is getting a head start on Ancient China.


We spent a lot of time outside this week. On Monday we did our walk around the block for our Green Hour Challenge. We are now seeing those California Poppies everywhere. We also went on our weekly hike with friends. We always enjoy getting out into nature and these weekly hikes are GREAT!
What a beautiful day!

As well as hikes we just spent time in our own yard digging in the dirt, picking flowers and of course blowing bubbles.
I love this time of year. The weather is just perfect. I am going to have to remember to start putting the sunblock on. I actually got a little red around my collar after our day at the park this week.
We did do a little bit of Math work. Sophie did a few exercises in her Singapore workbook but I tired to play a few more Math games with the kids as well. The boys always love it when I break out the Pattern blocks.
Henry is getting really good at these blocks.

Speaking of Henry.... I have always prided myself in never leaving a store with unwanted things that the kids have somehow passed through the checkout line with but Henry got me this week. At Costco this week we were looking through the DVD's and Henry loved and wanted this Veggie Tales movie. I could have sworn I put it back on the shelf before leaving the DVD's and finishing our shopping. But when I got to the car and was loading the stuff into the car there was the Veggie Tales DVD. I checked the receipt and sure enough I had paid for it. How did it get through without me noticing? So anyway... we took it home and have enjoyed it many times this week. It was actually a DVD package that also came with a Hero's of the Bibles DVD and a Very Veggie Easter CD. We have listened to the CD several times in the car as we have been driving around this week as well. The kids love it! I guess if Henry is going to pull a fast one on me at least he chose wisely!

Finally it was Easter Weekend. We loaded the car and drove to Grandma and Grandpa's house. Cousins were there also and there was all sorts of fun, egg hunts and lots of candy. Here are my kids baskets on Easter morning after the egg hunt. I think they had a great hunt!
After church on Easter morning the kids came home and dug into those eggs and found all sorts of great treasures. They all loved the ring pops and chocolates. Sophie read the funny papers while eating through a bunch of her treats.
We cleaned up lots of little piles like this all afternoon.
What a GREAT EASTER! I hope yours was great too!

6 comments:

Montserrat said...

What a fun week! Our kids all had slightly sunburned cheeks when we arrived home for our trip. The weather was so nice they played outside all week long.

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

What a beautiful place to go hiking!

Happy Easter!

Tammy said...

Sounds like it was a lovely Easter!

Your post reminds me that we need to get out the bubbles. I just love playing with the bubbles! lol

Also, thanks for the link to the New Testament reader. I'm going to have to take a look at that.

Angela said...

Everyone looked like they had a great week and learned a lot. I love the New Testament reader-What a great reminder that I need to pull that out again!

Julie Q. said...

Oh that Veggie Tales DVD looks great. I wonder how I can sneak it into my mom's cart when she's not looking. Wait. I am the mom.

Your post brought back good memories of our homeschooling years. Singapore...Story of the World...exploratory walks. Good times. I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things next year.

Ice Cream said...

Those Easter baskets loook just like the one I had when I was little! Your weather does look absolutely perfect.

I've had one or two slip ins as well at checkout lines. =)