Wednesday, June 8, 2016

50 years!

My parents were married in the Oakland Temple 50 years ago. They didn't want a big party they just wanted their family to attend the temple with them.  My older brother and his family and my family were the only ones that could make it. My sister's kids were still in school and the other sister's family lives all the way in North Carolina and was not able to come either.  My other brother was also working and not able to attend with us too so even though we were missing quite a number of our family we still celebrated the momentous occasion. 




 The adults went to an endowment session in the morning and then later, after a bit of lunch, those of the grandkids that could go in were able to do baptisms. The rest of the time everyone enjoyed the visitor's center.

No comments: