Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Faithful to Laura by Kathleen Fuller

I decided to try something new. I really enjoy my Kindle and love reading books on it. I have borrowed many many books from my library and shared a few books purchased books with my mom who also is greatly enjoying her Kindle. But I thought it would be fun to find a few different books to read but not wanting to break my bank to finance my e-reader addiction I decided to try Book Sneeze. I would get to read books and they only want me to write a short review here on my blog about the book I read.

I picked a book from their list and gave it a try.  For my first book to review I picked Faithful to Laura by Kathleen Fuller.  I didn't realize at the time I picked it that it is actually the 2nd book in a series. As I started reading it I figured there must have been a book before since the first few chapters refer to events that must have been in the first book. I didn't go and search out the first book. I just plowed ahead through this one and and before long I was caught up in the story of these Amish people and filled in the blanks as the story progressed.  I will have to go back and read Treasuring Emma and hopefully fill in some of this back story that I missed.

I don't usually read Amish stories but found this one very interesting. I almost wanted more details about  Amish life and customs. Perhaps I need to read more of Kathleen Fuller's books since she has written many novels that take place in Amish communities.

I always appreciate a clean romance.   Too many books written today use foul language and portray imoral lifestyles as normal and I really like seeing a romance happen with glances, looks, hand holding and a few stolen kisses.

I think the messages of forgiveness and justice verses vengeance come through quite well and almost eclipse the romance. There is enough here to really think about even after you finish the book.

This was a very pleasant read and I look forward to the next book in the series.

No comments: