Sunday, October 12, 2008

He was "the one" today

Do you see this cute boy? The one with the not quite innocent grin. He was what I have labeled "the one" for today. Do you ever have days where one child in particular just grates on your nerves. My kids take turns driving me bonkers. Sometimes it is Henry's high jinks or tantrums that just make me shutter. Or Sophie's high drama can really get annoying.

Today it was Ian. I don't know what happened in particular to make him especially trying today but this little guy's voice must have had the volume switch turned up or something. But everything thing he did was loud. Maybe it was just the fact that I have a head cold or that I was fasting or for what ever reason, I just was bugged by this little guys noise today. I can't even say how many times I told him not to yell or that that screeching sound he was making needed to stop. Every car, plane or toy had to fly around making a high pitched squeal. Ian almost always is making noise of some sort. While he works on his projects he is always humming or just talking or just making up noises. These noises just got to me today.

Am I alone in this? Do you ever have days where you just think "boy are you irritating" in reference to one of your precious children. The really bad days are the ones where they gang up on you and all of them choose to be irritating. I hope I don't have any days like that soon. I am sure Ian will be back to his normal, cute self tomorrow after we all get a little sleep.

7 comments:

Angela said...

About every other day- is a day like this for me! I finally started seeing improvement at lets say 10 years old! Hang in there- and enjoy that journey we are all on:)

Malissa said...

hehehe. he's just toooooo cute to get in trouble! i think it's just parents and children- occassionally we just have those days- I'm sure we're getting on their nerves too! atleast, that's what brooklynn tells me!

Kodelle said...

Yes. It happens. There are definately THOSE days with THAT child.

Bibliophile said...

I had the same problem at times, but I don't remember you ever being The One....hehehe

Anonymous said...

Yes! There are days when I feel like changing my blog name to "Chatty (Cate) and Crabby (Si)." There are days when I just want to scream "shut up" but of course I don't.

It reminds me of a book I read about just this morning entitled

I Like Noisy Mom Likes Quiet: A Mother's Day Story-check it out on amazon. My library doesn't have it but it looks cute.

Michal said...

it happens to me all the time. and it's not consistently the same kid. very normal. sometimes, even in the middle of it, i get a moment of love and "he's so cute" in there before i'm right back to wanting to sell him to the gypsies! thank goodness every day isn't like that!
i think this is especially normal when we homeschool because we are around each other all the time. i firmly believe that helps our relationship overall, but some days we can really get on each others' nerves.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I have days like this. I think it's sometimes more my problem though. My tolerance level is much much lower when I haven't gotten enough sleep. My oldest has perfected his fire engine siren squeal though that drives me bonkers any day.