Friday, March 14, 2014

Happy Pi Day




I almost never pie. These yummy desserts are usually made by others for holidays and such. I just come and enjoy. So in honor of Pi day I figured it was time to make one. I was going to make berry pie since I have some frozen berries that I could use. I love berry pie! But when I asked the kids if they thought that would be alright Ian imediately chimed in that he would prefer lemon.  I didn't have any lemons but we were headed to the store so we picked up a few lemons for our treat. 

Ian helped me make the lemon filling and the merange. 


 It came out of the oven looking pretty good.  Ian thought my fluted edges weren't and well done as when my Mom does it. I know I am no pie master so  I was pleased with what I was able to do.
When I cut into it a few hours later and served it for guests that we had for dinner I didn't hear any complaints! Every plate was scraped clean.



We celebrated Pi day a bit early since Friday is going to be rather busy and since we were having guests for dinner  I knew pie would be a great thing to serve after. I didn't hear any complaints about it not actually being Pie Day. I guess I should attempt pie more than once a year. I also should probably pick up another pie plate. I only have one. I had thought of making the berry pie as well but then realized I only have one pie dish. It hasn't see action enough for me to notice.

No comments: