Saturday, April 14, 2012

Sparkle Stories

Anyone who has read this blog for awhile knows we listen to a lot of audio books.  I don't know what I would do without books on CD. It is hard for me to sit and read book after book, after book. I can't give my kids the books they want without the help of the radio and a stack of CD's. I think we currently have about 7 different Audio books sitting here waiting to be listened to.

I have been hearing, from a number of different blogs, about Sparkle Stories. I bookmarked the site (I don't Pintrest) but it didn't go any further than that. When I can get free books from the library why would I spend money on Stories? Then, when reading yet another recommendation about Sparkle Stories, I saw that you could get a month free subscription for only a dollar. I could do that! So I gave it a go. I downloaded the first set of stories. I choose some fairy stories, the junkyard tales, and the Thistle stories.  They sat on my computer for a bit. We were finishing the audio book we already had going. I downloaded the next weeks tales when they became available. So now I had two of each of the stories. I put them on my ipod for my little guys and they are currently enjoying them.

When I asked Sophie (my 10 year old) what she thought of them she told me to shush because she was listening to the next story. I guess that means she is enjoying them!

So if you would like to try Sparkle Stories for a month you too can subscribe for $1.00 you can go to this link http://www.sparklestories.com/trysparkle/  and use the code SPARKLEFRIENDS at checkout.  You will get 12 stories over the 4 weeks which is 3.5 hours of audio stories.




No comments: