Thursday, April 19, 2012

Sophie's Art


Sophie had her last online Art class today. She has already told me that she wants to take the class again. Here are a few more of works of art that she created for the class the last few weeks and turned into the teacher to fulfill assignments.
I really need to find a better way to photograph these pictures. Some of them are too big for the scanner so I take a photo of them instead. My lighting is way off.  I guess I should play with them a bit in iphoto to fix some of those issues but I am almost always doing it at the last minute. They just need to be photographed, uploaded, exported and then emailed to the teacher before class and I am always frantically doing it right at the last moment.
I was never like that in school. I was good about finishing my projects with plenty of time to spare.  This is not normally my way. But then it isn't supposed to be me right?! Sophie should take more responsibility for these assignments. I found myself always asking her what her assignment was and encouraging her to complete them. She didn't keep track of them herself and I need to let her take more of that responsibility.
For now she is happy with what she was able to do and learn from the class and looks forward to more online classes in the future.

1 comment:

Bibliophile said...

What was the assignment? Was Sophie supposed to draw something Egyptian? What about the other drawings? I can't tell from the photos what she was doing, though her art is very good!