Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Picture Window


For the past few days I have been spending hours in a rocking chair that sits right in front of this large picture window. This is the view out of my parents front window. We went there for a few days and I let my big kids run around the house and yard. They played with their cousins and swam in the pool. I mostly sat right here in this chair, held Molly, read a book, and looked out the window. I watched the birds, insects and kids flit around the yard but mostly I just enjoyed looking out at the beautiful view. From this chair I could see the kids enjoy playing in Grandpa's garden and Orchard and at time the cows out in the pasture. Sometimes there was even a rainbow I could spy in the spray of the sprinkler that was moved about on the grass. It was lovely to just sit and look out at this. We don't get views like this in the city so we always enjoy our trips to Grandma's house so we can experience a little bit of country living.

It was a nice break,

Thanks Mom!

1 comment:

Bibliophile said...

You're welcome! I enjoy this same scene in all the seasons: autumn, winter with snow, and spring with all the flowers. I'm glad you came, even for a few days.