Friday, January 4, 2008

We are having rain today. A lot of rain! We really need it so it is a welcome rain. We still ventured out to the YMCA this morning so I could swim. The kids loved getting their rain boots and coats on and heading out into the down pour. They loved stomping in the puddles and getting soaked to the skin. I needed to go grocery shopping but with so much rain, and the kids being so wet, I think I will have to make due with what is in the cupboards.
After we made it home and striped off the wet clothes and draped our wet coats over the chairs, the kids enjoyed sitting in the story telling chair and reading book after book. Now the boys are sitting in front of the movie Cars, which they love. Sophie of course is on the other computer playing Zoo Tycoon. She claims it is for school because she is putting dinosaurs in her zoo. Ian requested cinnamon rolls so we made them earlier and they are rising at the moment. So later we will be enjoying them and listening to the rain continue to poor. I think I am going to have to make some soup for dinner. Rainy day schedule is kinda fun!

I love rainy days! They are so cozy when spent inside the warm house.

4 comments:

Ice Cream said...

I used to love rainy days... but now they are every day. I'm such a whiner when it comes to the rain here.

Anonymous said...

Rainy days are fun! My kids and I braved the weather and did go grocery shopping yesterday. It wasn't too bad. Today it's pouring and we're getting ready to make cinnamon rolls too! Yummmm! How did yours turn out?

Malissa

Montserrat said...

I LOVE rainy days too. As a teenager I'd curl up on our window seat with a huge bag of M&M's and just read all day long with no breaks.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful day. I let my little ones play in the mud this afternoon. They were so delighted!

Happy New Year to you. I'm trying to get caught up with my blogging reading and then I hope to write some posts this week.