Monday, January 7, 2008

Celebrating Ian

Ian turned 4 years old today. Here are a few fun facts about this big/little guy.As a baby he was a very happy, mellow little guy. This is one of my favorite pictures of him as a baby. He was just giggling and giggling. That roll around his neck and chin were just so ticklish I guess!

Ian crawled forever. He started crawling about 6 months old. Well rolled first for awhile and then developed his own style of crawling. One foot and one knee. He was so fast! He didn't walk until he was almost 15 months old. He got around so quickly crawling and crusing the furniture he didn't need to walk I guess.
Ian was the only one of my kids to take a pacifier. He used it at night until he was about 3 then it suddenly wasn't needed any more. We never really had to do anything to get him to stop using it.
I don't think Ian likes to get his picture taken. As I was looking through my pictures I found a lot of pictures like this one. Where he makes a funny face or he looks away just as you take the picture. So he is a little difficult to get a good picture of.
Ian is a bit shy, but he does like to get attention. I really hope he doesn't get some sort of middle child syndrome.
Ian is not usually an adventure seeking little guy. He will try something, like hold a large iguana, only after other people have done it too. He isn't the one to initiate the adventure.
Ian loves hats. I hadn't really thought about this fact until just now. As I look at all the different picture I have of him, he is wearing a hat in a whole lot of them. While at the dollar store the other day he found a new camo hat since the one he is wearing in this picture is now too small. He couldn't leave the store without taking it home. He now wears it in the house all the time. Either that or his dollar store cowboy hat that he got around Halloween time.

Happy Birthday Ian!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ian!! Those are some cute pictures!
My 4yo has some wacky faces too when asked to smile for the camera. Maybe it's the age.
Hope he had a great birthday!

Ice Cream said...

That fist pic is my favorite too. What a happy baby face. The way you describe him makes me think of my David (aka: Pablo).

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG GUY!

Sonja said...

I love the roll around that little baby neck and the beautiful baby smile!
Happy Birthday! It's amazing isn't it? These little people that we get to watch grow and grow.
I just love it.

my5wolfcubs said...

I love the way you celebrate your kids! What a cutie and he has a great name. :)
Lee