Monday, January 28, 2008

Prophets

I love this image of ancient and modern prophets. Having a Prophet on the earth is one of the greatest blessings we have. Last night we read the news of President Hinckley's passing on the internet. We were a bit shocked but calm knowing that all was well for him now. When we told the kids, Sophie's reaction was wonderful. She said "Oh my, he went back to live with Heavenly Father". We said "Yes, and he is with his wife again too". "Oh he must be so happy" was her reply. After a few moments she then voiced her thought by saying "Then we don't have a prophet anymore?" My husband and I explained that all the members of the twelve apostles are called as prophets and that at the moment we don't have a President of the Church but that a new President would be called shortly. She was relieved.

President Hinckley will be missed!

1 comment:

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Yes, he will be very much missed. I am glad he is reunited with his beloved though. He hasn't been quite the same since her passing.