Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Favorite Birthday Gift

Ian has been wanting a bigger bike for some time. He has been sharing the trike with Henry but he really didn't fit the trike anymore. So with some money sent him from Grandma we went and picked out a brand new bike. I had to put it together when we got it home and boy did he have a hard time containing his excitement.
This is what he picked out.


He rode it up and down the driveway over and over, back and forth for a really long time this afternoon. He figured out the brakes quickly and loved showing me how he could make himself stop by pushing backward on the pedals. He also loved attempting to ride without hands and even standing up on the pedals, or as he put it "without his bum on the seat".
Henry was happy to have the tricycle to himself. He has only recently figured out how to pedal it. So the boys raced back and forth and back and forth.
Sophie got her scooter and joined the boys for a ride around the block. I actually made them wear their helmets. I have been lazy and allowed them to ride around with out them a lot of the time. But now that Ian has a bike I am going to have to be more diligent about the helmets.

2 comments:

Sonja said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I struggle with being consistant about helmets too, but I try to remember they really are life-savers. It's hard to convey that message to my 3 year old though. :?

Ice Cream said...

How fun for them to all have something to ride together.