Saturday, January 12, 2008

A Small Birthday Party

We planned Ian's Birthday Party for today. It was meant to be a small party since we planned it to be inside. We have had rain for the last two weeks so had no idea what the weather would be like. Ian invited just 4 friends. That is all he wanted and that is about all we could handle inside our small house. Ian had been very excited all week about his party and to have his friends over.

I didn't plan a whole lot. 5 four year olds don't need much entertainment. I got our train set out and built a great track and thought that would be good to start with. We were going to have a little lunch, some cake, a pinata and a lot of free play time. Well.... the night before the party one of the Moms of one of the friends called and said they wouldn't be able to make it. I thought oh... well there would still be four kids. I was wrong. We only had one little boy come over for the party. At first I was a bit worried. I thought Ian would be upset but he had a great time playing with his friend. They spent an hour getting out every toy we own and covering the living room with them. Then they ate their lunch. We all sang happy birthday and Ian happily blew out the candles on his cake. The kids had a great time hitting that pinata. Everyone got lots of turns. We even broke out our plastic swords and they all went at it. Finally when the pinata burst open they all got way more candy and toys then they needed. Even henry filled his bag with goodies.

So even though the party was small Ian had a great time.

2 comments:

Sonja said...

I'm glad he had a good birthday! We love pinatas at our house too.
I really enjoy all of your book suggestions and reviews. We use them for our school too! I really like "The Virginian". You'll have to let me know how you liked it.
Your school sounds like so much fun. I can totally relate to the "resisting" thing, though. It's good when you can find the groove. :D
Thanks again for sharing and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

my5wolfcubs said...

A pinata & swords? Great birthday!
Lee