Sunday, September 14, 2014

Forever Friday - Book Review

I had forgotten to review this book way back when I read it last year.  I received it through Blogging for Books and just never actually sat down to write up my thoughts on it.

On the amazon page for this book it has these three lines:

Every Friday, a postcard.
Every Friday, a love poem.
Every Friday for sixty years.


That about sums up this book. A guy sends his wife a postcard with a love poem every Friday.  Another guy goes through the personal effects of a lady as he prepares her house for an estate sale. He finds these postcards and gets wrapped up in their love story.

I remember thinking this was a little over the top for the schmaltzy love story genre and I almost had trouble finishing. This is a story withing a story. The letter were found and read and they effect the live of the man who finds them. I wish this portion of the story had been more developed. It was a little flat and wasn't explored as much as I expected or wanted.

This was a great book for those that want a love story. It reminded me a lot of a Nicolas Sparks like novel. It just needed to move along a little more quickly and I really wanted more from the modern parts of storyline.


1 comment:

Bibliophile said...

I think you would enjoy a book called "One Lavender Ribbon" by Heather Burch. It has the same formula: letters found that change the lives of many people.