Saturday, October 13, 2012

Molly's game

Molly always wants to do what the older kids are doing. They play games on the Wii and on the computer and Molly wants to play too.  When the others were little they played Starfall a lot. I noticed that Starfall is still free but most of the fun stuff is on the subscribed to site. I don't really want to have to pay a monthly fee to have access to learning games but whenever I would put Molly at the computer to play Starfall she would click over to their paid site and then complain that she couldn't access the games she wanted to play.

I have been receiving emails from ABC mouse for a while asking me to try a free month of access to their site. I figured I would give it a try. I am not out anything and Molly would get to have a "game" of her own.
She asks to play it all the time now. I started her on the Toddler level since she really hadn't ever used a computer mouse. The computer at the library lets her touch the screen to click on things and mostly she has used our tablet for other games. She quickly caught onto using a mouse and quickly made her way through the first few "learning paths" on the ABC mouse site.

She particularly likes the coloring activities. She enjoys adding in lots of different colors.
But I have to say her favorite thing to do is go to the shopping center and use her tickets to buy costumes for her avatar.  She forgets that she has to earn tickets to buy them but also just enjoys going to the shop to try on the costumes.
I think I need to move her up to the preschool level because she is rather bored with the puzzles and such that are offered to her in the Toddler level.  She also loves to have the joke book read to her at the library area of the website. She has been telling us the jokes she has learned from that book. I think she listens to it every time she visits this site.

I don't know if I would actually pay for this site when my free month is up. I just don't want to pay almost $8.00 a month for access to this site. That seems a bit pricey for a toddler learning game.

For now she will enjoy visiting this site and she feels like such a big girl with a game of her own.

No comments: