Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pointillism assignment

Each week Sophie gets an assignment from her online teacher. I help her photograph or scan the image and then email it to the teacher to "turn it in".

This is what Sophie sent in this week.

Obviously it is a pointillism assignment. During class they discussed Seurat and this style of artwork. Sophie was then asked to draw a flower, fruit or animal using pointillism. Sophie did a number of flowers but then she tried her hand at an animal. She picked her new seahorse Webkinz "Nauta" as the subject.
She even added in a background. I thought markers would be the easiest medium for this assignment but perhaps I will let her try some paints next time.

Sophie really LOVES this class! She is really interested in art and is a pretty good artist herself. So the class has really be a lot of fun for her and she can't wait for the next class!

1 comment:

Bibliophile said...

Your drawing is lovely, Sophie! I'm glad that you find art so satisfying. I have loved art all my life