Sunday, February 12, 2012

Jesus Wants me for a.......


Sunbeam.

Yes! I get to be a Sunbeam teacher.  After 5 years of being in the Primary Presidency I decided to volunteer myself to teach the 3 year olds.  We have had trouble finding and keeping a teacher for this class for months.  So I figured my position would be easier to fill than the Sunbeam teacher assignment. Sure enough it was.   I like to think this calling will be less stressful and time consuming but I have a feeling it will be a whole lot of work and I will leave church each week feeling very tired.  I have been nursery leader, I know pretty much what I am in for.
Of course the potential energy of ten 3 year olds could really throw me for a loop. I guess we will have to see what comes of this new adventure.

3 comments:

Bibliophile said...

I was watching the Sunbeam teacher in our Primary today, during Sharing Time and Music Time. She must have the patience of a saint, because one of the girls just couldn't sit still. Every week she has one problem or another, and I admire her for her steadfastness. I hope you will find the class to your liking. It's a real challenge, to be sure. Just make sure that the children know that you mean what you say. Be loving and have lots of activities and crafty things for them to do. You will love them!

Michelle said...

I'll be volunteering myself for this same position once I'm out of the Presidency too. You'll be awesome, but yes, exhausted.

Desiree said...

What a fun, and very exhausting age! I'm sure you'll learn lots!