Monday, October 31, 2011

A Happy Halloween

Trick or Treating tonight was the icing on the cake as far as Halloweens go. My kids have gotten to wear their costumes multiple times for different parties and events.  Henry was a little melancholy  when he handed me his costume tonight when we got home. He questioned "When am I going to get to be Darth Vader again?".  I explained that he could be Darth again next year, the costume would most likely still fit.  He gave me a little nod and a happy smile.

So here they are in all their Halloween finery ready to go out trick or treating.



Molly really enjoyed trekking from house to house and filling her little bag.
This little Kangaroo outfit has been worn by each of my kids when they were 2.  I certainly feel like it was well worth the 3 dollars I paid for it years and years ago.
Here is our little crew outside of one of the well decorated houses in the neighborhood.
Upon arriving home, the sorting began. Everyone dumped out their bags and they arranged all the loot into kinds.

We all ate a little too much candy tonight and play to give at least half of this stash to the Bishop to hand out to the kids each week at church.
But for tonight the kids are relishing the fun and sweats. 
Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

Cellista said...

We must have been on the same wavelength this Halloween! We had an Egyptian and a wizard too. Sophie looks great! DId you make that?