Monday, October 12, 2009

Was this boy raised in a Barn?



There are times I wonder what happened or what I have done/not done to make this boy such a trouble maker. He seems to constantly drive me crazy, push my buttons, and embarrass the heck out of me. He just seems to have come hard wired to make me work and try my patience.

This evening, after a long day of loud kids and lots of shopping, we decided to stop at Subway to partake of some of their $5.00 foot long sandwiches for dinner. The kids sat nicely at their table and enjoyed their meal and were pretty well behaved. As we were cleaning up our mess and getting the baby back into her car seat the three other kids went outside to wait. I looked out the window and saw that they were standing on one of the picnic tables that were in front of the shop. As waved to Sophie to tell her to get down I notice Henry pull his pants down so he can pee. I run out the door in hopes of stopping him before he....I didn't make it. He peed all over the picnic table. So now I am not only embarrassed that my kids would stand on the picnic table (evidently they were afraid of the rain that is supposed to be coming tonight and needed to be under the umbrella) but I have a little guy who feels like he needs to mark his territory. When I ask him why he did it he just says "I needed to go". I pointed out that there is a bathroom right inside the store. He just shrugged his shoulders and ran to the car.

This kind of behavior is pretty normal for Hen. He is a very spirited, wild, naughty, mischievous little guy and there are many days I just wonder what I can do with him. His behavior is so difficult to deal with. I have always joked that it is a good thing he is so cute or he would have been sent back long ago.

1 comment:

Bibliophile said...

Ha ha! What an embarrassment! Henry is certainly a law unto himself at times.