Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Best Way to Do a Party

Since Ian's Birthday arrives so quickly after the crazy busy Holidays, it always spring on me too soon for me to actually plan a party for him. One day I will do a better job but this year this is what we decided to do.

Ian was able to invite two friends to go and play with him at the kids indoor fun land called "The Jungle". I knew the kids would have a great time and I would have to plan games or food or anything. Yes it isn't cheep, which is why we don't do this very often but I figured that it would be cheeper than a usual party would be. I wouldn't have to do a pinata and fill it with candy or do goody bags to hand out to the kids when they leave. There would be no decorations to hang or food to arrange. I didn't rent a room and arrange for food and cake or anything. We just met the friends at the door and all went in to play.

I know everyone had a great time. The kids started out in the arcade and went from game to game earning tickets and having the time of their lives. This wave runner was one of their favorite rides.

Here are the two friends that Ian picked to play with.

They took turns playing air hockey. This was one of my favorite games when I was younger. These kids loved it today.
Henry wasn't quite tall enough to reach the table but the slightly bigger 5 year olds were just big enough.

Another game that was a hit with the kids was Skee Ball. Henry kept trying to throw the ball over handed but enjoyed trying over and over again to roll those balls up the ramp and into the holes. I admit that I too had a few games myself. I had to show them how to do it, right?

Then the climbing began. This place has a huge climbing area where the kids kept going in, out, over, sliding, climbing and even some swinging. We kept loosing the kids in the maze of ropes, nets and balls. They would pop out of one of the entrances or exit holes with bright rosy cheeks and beads of sweat on their brows. They were in heaven.




I think Ian had a great time and enjoyed the whole experience. He certainly had a great Birthday!

His friends too were all worn out and ready to head home after their few hours of hard play.
I hope they all sleep well tonight!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I'm a little behind in my blog "snooping" but I read that Congratulations is in order! I think that's so wonderful. When I had my 5th baby, we lived in a 3 bedroom house. I longed for a bigger house but it just wasn't possible then. In hindsight, we made due with what we had and we could have lived there for as long as we needed to. We were happy there but I was obsessed with "more space". I guess what I mean is that Heavenly Father knows your needs but no matter what happens, It will work out. Happy 9 months! :0)