Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Are you sure this is Winter?

I know... most of the United States is either freezing or getting flooded but in California we are having very Spring like weather. In fact I had to convince my kids that this was actually still winter. We are running around without jackets and enjoying the bright sunshine. Today at the park the boys enjoyed riding their scooters down the hill. They did it over and over racing to the bottom and then quickly running back up to the top to go down again.

There were a lot of kids at the park today. I guess we weren't the only ones taking advantage of the lovely weather.



I do hope we get more winter weather. We really need the rain but for now we are enjoying the sunshine.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yeah, I kind of feel bad when people in other parts of the country ask what the weather is like here. I'm embarrassed, actually, to say it was 65 here in the capitol city today. Looks like you guys had a blast at the park. Park days rock!

Michelle said...

So jealous of your weather.... although it's been warm enough for Ella to walk home from school the last couple days! Yay!

Angela said...

Are you kidding me? We are minus 2 today- this is really the place I want to move today!

Kodelle said...

I am very jealous. Its not 40 below here but its cold enough to keep us indoors and bouncing off the walls. We hit the McDonalds indoor playground a couple times a week just to keep our sanity.

Michal said...

we loved the "false spring" that lasted a couple of weeks. it looks like the winter rain is back, but i'm happy for the farmers. i've been sending my boys out to play in it when it's not coming down too hard. a little rain never melted anyone!