Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Soccer for Henny

Soccer season is here and the boys are having a ball. I finally remembered to bring my camera to Henry's last game/practice.

His little team doesn't actually play against another team. Mostly they just get together and run around. There is some ball kicking and some goals made. Henry has been having a good time.

Henry is so excited to finally have something that is his. He is so used to having to sit and watch Sophie as she does ballet. And he had to sit in the waiting room and watch the others have swim lessons. But now Henry is 3 years old and that is the magic number. He is now old enough to do classes of his own.

He is having a good time and yes he still has to sit and watch Ian's soccer games and practice but I know he is thrilled when I say it is time for his soccer. He loves to put on his long black socks and cover up the shin guards. He has a some hand me down cleats that he runs to get when I tell him he has a soccer game.

It is only week 3 and I am sure it will start to loose it's excitement but for now he loves it!

2 comments:

Olivia said...

I don't know how you do it all. School, Church, Soccer, Ballet... you are honestly wonder woman. And my vote for mom of the year. Looks like you guys are doing good. And keeping busy. Hopefully we will see you guys again soon. Take care in the mean time.

Anonymous said...

I just can't see myself adding sports into our crazy schedule. Luckily none of mine have really expressed an interest in playing anything. Although I think C would like it. Henry looks really cute in his soccer socks! It is fun when they finally have something all their own to do.