Thursday, September 4, 2008

"Bees eating my Lip"

Last night we had dinner outside in the back yard. When eating outside we have always been bothered by flies and occasionaly yellow jackets. The kids all call Meat Bees because they seem to go for their hamburgers or hotdogs. Last night most of the adults grabbed their food and came back inside so we could watch Rudy Giuliani and Sarah Palin's speeches. Before long the kids started to come in too. Henry stayed out there for a bit eating his dinner. Then we started to hear loud shrieks and cries. We brought Henry inside and he told us "Bees eating my Lip". At first we just thought he had bit his lip. But his crying didn't stop. I tired to ice his lip and he just kept saying "Bees eating lip" and refused the ice.
After a little while he calmed down and even ate some more of his dinner. He was very adamant about keeping the door shut. And didn't like it when the other kids opened the door and went in and out.
After dinner, he fell asleep in my lap while we all watched the speechs. But he woke up when I tired to lay him down. I could tell he was miserable and you couldn't miss the huge bubble on his lip. We gave him a bit of Benadryl in hope that it would help the swelling go down. He fell asleep again and woke up this morning looking a lot more like his normal self, thank goodness.

What a way to start to start your 3rd year. At least he now gets to enjoy his Birthday Party and that should help him forget his fear of Bees.

Happy Birthday Hen.

5 comments:

Montserrat said...

Oh, no! The poor little guy.

Angela said...

That is so sad! My little Liz has been trying to catch bees- now I am going to make her move far away from the bee!

Anonymous said...

Ouch, it looks so painful. I hope he is feeling better by now.

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Oh no, how awful! I hate bee stings.

Ice Cream said...

YOUCH!!! For your birthday, Henry, I'm wishing you a bee free year.