Friday, April 4, 2014

A Spring Day in San Fran

 We have been getting a bit of rain this week. We in California really need the rain so I am happy to get every drop. I didn't even mind driving in it today as we made our way into San Francisco to visit the Legion of Honor art museum. We met some friends there and had a lovely time viewing some great statues and paintings.  

This museum is in a park right up at the tip of the SF penninsula. We were able to get a look at the Golden Gate Bridge from the grounds.


Rodin's Thinker was right there in the courtyard as we walked in. 

 We walked through lots of galleries and looked at pictures from many different time periods. I of course loved it when I walked through the impressionists. Monet's Water lilies and Seurat's Eiffel tower were there. The kids recognized those as well as the names of many of the other artists.

Molly of course got tired of walking through the galleries and had to remind me every few moments that she was hungry and asked if we could go home now. Evidently 4 years old is a little too young for an art gallery.


 The kids all had fun just getting to see some friends and if that ment they needed to walk through galleries and look at art then that was fine with them.

Wait a minute. Aren't we sitting in an art gallery and yet all the kids gathered around one of the older boy's ipod to watch him play Minecraft or some other such game. 

 I didn't get any pictures of them, but I really enjoyed getting to see some Greek Amphora. There are quite a few pieces there that I wish I could have had a little more time to study. But my little four year old museum buddy wouldn't let me hang out too long infront of any one painting or item.


I of course brought my camera but quickly figured out the battery was dead. After visiting most of the museum already I remembered my phone has a camera on it. So I pulled out my new phone and took a few pictures of our visit with it instead. I have had this phone for about 5 months but I haven't used it for much more than calls and texts. It isn't a smart phone and isn't anything grand. Just the cheep phone that Verizon gave me with my plan.  I am pretty impressed that I even figured out how to upload them to my computer. I had to use bluetooth to do it and I admit I am rather clueless as to how all this technology works. But I am happy to know I can use my phone to take pictures and I can even get those pictures onto my computer too. Hurray! I still like my little point and shoot camera better but it nice to know there is a back up plan, for when I need it.



No comments: