Monday, April 26, 2010

The New Camera

I finally picked up a new camera. 
I gave up on hoping the old one would finally show up somewhere. 
So we bought yet another new camera. 
The old one was just one year old. Our pocketbook wasn't ready to spend the money on 
another one so soon. 
 I spent the weekend taking lots of pictures of my kids. 
Heading up to Grandma's house was a perfect opportunity to catch lots of smiles. 
The kids really enjoyed the Spring Festival that Grandma's small town put together. 
There was a bounce house, crafts, and lots of music.
And there was hoola hoops. Sophie really enjoyed doing these.

This little guy won the prize for most trips to the public restroom. Not to embarrass him, but really it was a bit excessive!

The kids took turns trying out some of the juggler's moves. They spun balls and plates.


And then needed some ice cream.
So Grandma and Grandpa took us to a great place to get some old fashioned ice cream in a waffle cone. Yumm!

I think everyone was happy with that choice!
The boys then helped Grandpa with some chores. That lawn mower needed some extra hands to push it around the lawn.

Sophie loved that the vinca was in bloom and spent a lot of time out in the pasture tasting the necter of flower after flower.


My kids always love going up to Grandma's house. And there are many tears when we have to head back home to the big city.

As for the camera..... I am going to have to get used to it. The colors don't seem quite as bright. All these shots are straight out of the camera. I will need to play with them a little, I think.  But I am just happy to have a way to capture some of these memories.









No comments: