Monday, March 2, 2009

What else would one do on this Cold, Cold, Wet, Day.

It was windy and wet
So what else could we do
We had to stay in
And read a book or two



I gathered some favorites
We haven't read in awhile
I couldn't believe the number.
We had quite a pile!

In order to celebrate
Seuss' birthday today
We read The Cat in the Hat, Horton,
Thidwick, and even Oh, Say can you Say.



Six Seuss books in a row was
All my poor tongue could take
So, we made a few hats fit for the cat
The kids, of course, felt we needed cake.


The hats didn't quite fit
But they were the best I could do
A spur of the moment craft
Isn't always thought through.



We had a fun morning
The day went by fast
Having a little birthday party
Is always a blast.


5 comments:

Montserrat said...

This is so very clever!!!

Olivia said...

Congrats on the new baby girl coming. I meant to say hi at the Day party but with my crazy bunch I didn't get a chance. Marshall did briefly talked to Mark though. Glad to see all is well. I've said this before but you are amazing.... all you get done with 3 kids and being pregnant. Some days I'm lucky if I get to eat lunch... and my kids take naps still. You'll have to give me some pointers.

Bibliophile said...

Wow! I didn't know you were a poetess!

Dr. Seuss is certainly a funny fellow. He wrote some great books that are good even sixty years later.

Anonymous said...

Great poem!

Kodelle said...

I love it!!!!!